More than a month ago I posted the first “How to be happy” article. That post focused on discarding unhappiness and then being happy. Today’s post is about becoming happy and getting a little bit of peace in your mind when you have no troubles around.
So, I had a not-so-eventful 5 days by seeing myself graduate into Grade 12 this week. The weekdays went by, by counting down to the weekend. And my Saturday wasn’t that bad either.
I woke up late this morning at 9:00 AM. And I felt “different”. There were no troubles troubling me. And nothing specifically happy.
I spent the late-morning and the early-afternoon doing some school stuff . And at 3:00, I wanted to sing or dance or just sit under the tree. I wanted to make myself happy from “neutral”
What I did…[And what you can do to make yourself happy]
- Listen to the songs which let your body sleep, but still lets some energy flow through you. For me it is 80’s Soft Rock.
- Go to a place where your mind can rest in peace or make your living room to your liking. I did the second. I made my house cool. The windows open. The fans switched on. The green plants nearby.
- Be ready for anything. Think of the impossible.
- Keep smiling. And never get angry. Just enjoy every jiffy of life.
- And finally, tell yourself “Now is Awesome and It shall always be”
That is it. Being happy is mainly a reincarnation of the reassurance of the existence of happiness. You just have to see the bright side of life.
So…Now is Awesome and It shall always be…